These suggestions may help you.
- Label all cartons with their basic contents and their designated room.
- Seal each carton securely with packing tape and be sure all items are well padded and fit snuggly in the box or container.
- Pack lampshades in separate cartons.
- Wrap dishes separately. Nest cups and bowls. Stand plates, saucers, and platters on edge.
- Secure all movable parts on appliances and stereos with tape or special blocks.
- Small appliances should be well padded and packed in cartons.
- Pack heavy items (such as books) in small boxes; light weight items (such as linens) in large boxes.
- Defrost, clean, dry and deodorize all appliances prior to the move.
- Use your dresser drawers to move clothing. Cover to protect from soil.
- Drain garden hose, coil and connect ends. Tie or tape garden tools together.
- Keep all hardware from dismantled items together and have tools handy for reassembly.
- Never pack heavy and fragile items together in same container.
- Do not use newspaper to wrap china or lampshades. It smudges.
- Do not overfill or underfill a box. This will prevent the box from crushing or breaking open.
- Never leave mirrors, framed pictures or breakables unprotected. User a specially designed container or pad them well.
- A DEFINITE DON’T: NEVER MOVE FLAMMABLES, AEROSOL CANS, CAUSTIC MATERIALS OR EXPLOSIVES! EMPTY GASOLINE OR OTHER FUELS FROM ALL EQUIPMENT.